If you are interested in the low-carb, moderate protein, high-fat, ketogenic diet, then this is the podcast for you. We zero in exclusively on all the questions people have about how being in a state of nutritional ketosis and the effects it has on your health. There are a lot of myths about keto floating around out there and our two amazing cohosts are shooting them down one at a time. Keto Talk is cohosted by 10-year veteran health podcaster and international bestselling author Jimmy Moore from “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” and Pittsburgh, PA functional medicine practitioner Dr. Will Cole from DrWillCole.com who thoroughly share from their wealth of experience on the ketogenic lifestyle each and every Thursday. We love hearing from our fabulous Ketonian listeners with new questions–send an email to Jimmy at email@example.com. And if you’re not already subscribed to the podcast on iTunes and listened to the past episodes, then you can do that and leave a review HERE. Listen in today as Jimmy and Will chew the fat and answer your low-carb, high-fat, ketogenic questions in Episode 81.
Go to PayPal.me/KetoTalk to make a donation.
You can set up automatic monthly payments there.
KEY QUOTE: “If you’re not losing weight you have to look at the nonfood factors as well. Stess, sleep, and toxins are just as important for some people.” — Dr. Will Cole
Here’s what Jimmy and Will talked about in Episode 81:
- counting net carbs vs. total carbs
- conventional foods vs. grass-fed/organic foods
– How does someone eating a ketogenic diet with elevated LDL-C and total cholesterol get good life insurance? Is there a company that looks at the relevant numbers?
I’ve enjoyed listening to you and your new co-host Dr. Cole on Keto Talk the past couple of weeks. I’m looking forward to hearing a lot more from you two! I have a quick question for you guys to address that I think impacts a lot of us Ketonians: Is there a life insurance company that understands the new way to look at lipid panels and related lab markers that give more credence to things like HDL, triglycerides, hsCRP, lower small LDL-P, lower ApoB, and more? It seems most of these companies prevent an otherwise healthy person from obtaining proper levels of life insurance unless their LDL-C and total cholesterol are in line with conventional thinking which we know is an incomplete picture. Thanks for addressing this important topic!
1. Can the fat you eat on a ketogenic diet make hot flashes and swelling worse just like carbs do?
Hey Jimmy and Will,
I’m a regular listener to Keto Talk and love what you are doing here. My question for you guys is about whether the fat I’m eating on my ketogenic diet is making my hot flashes worse and my fingers swell. I’m 57 years old, weigh 130 pounds, and am addicted to sugar. But when I replace sugar with fat, all of these things seem to happen in my health. Is this normal? Maybe I need to cut my fat and red meat consumption and eat more vegetables. Do you guys think this is a good idea?
Thanks so much,
KEY QUOTE: “If you’re going to fast, begin with a ketogenic diet because keto will cause you to be satiated and fasting will happen naturally.” – Jimmy Moore
2. Is eating more vegetables on my ketogenic diet the answer to my adrenal fatigue that seems to be halting my weight loss progress?
Dear Jimmy and Dr. Cole,
I have been on a ketogenic lifestyle since May and have not lost a single pound. I keep my carbs below 20g and went to see a ketogenic-friendly physician since I thought I was perhaps eating too much fat. In doing more research into what I might be dealing with, I suspected adrenal fatigue that has led to exhaustion and lab tests have confirmed this to be true. My keto doctor requires me to eat a lot more vegetables in my diet, but now I’m hungry again despite showing 1.0 mmol in my blood ketones. I’m a bit frustrated right now about what’s going on with me because I should be losing weight, right? Thanks for helping to point me in the right direction.
GET A $39 BOTTLE OF OLIVE OIL FOR JUST A BUCK
GET YOUR $39 BOTTLE FOR JUST $1
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
3. What natural pain remedies can be used by Ketonians who would rather not take medications?
Hey Jimmy and Will,
I’ve been experiencing an increase in pain in my shoulders, elbows, and knees since I went keto two months ago. I’m a 62-year old male who was diagnosed with hypothyroidism four years ago by an allopathic doctor and prescribed Synthroid. I never liked the side effects of that medication, so I switched over to iodine supplements to go more natural in my treatment of this. Keto has given me great energy, no more food cravings, and has zapped out my hunger allowing me to intermittent fast for 16 hours daily. I lost 45 pounds on a traditional diet before going ketogenic and have lost another 30 pounds in the two months I’ve been keto. My goal is another 100 pounds, but I need something natural to give me pain relief while I’m on this journey.
JIMMY AND DR. ADAM NALLY’S KETO LIVING SUPPLEMENTS
KETO TALK MAILBOX
– Is it normal to be sick of the dietary fat you consume on a ketogenic diet by day four of eating this way?
I was wondering if it is normal to get sick of eating dietary fat after three days of eating keto. I absolutely love it for the first three days eating high-fat foods, but then something happens by day four when I can’t even think of eating another ketogenic meal. Is this normal and will I get over this? I really want to do this diet because of all of the health benefits and maybe lose a few pounds. But I need to know if I just need to push through the feeling I’m getting and get to the point where I will enjoy keto meals on a regular basis.
Thank you for your help,
USE COUPON CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 81
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: The Ketogenic Bible
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Join Jimmy Moore’s Keto Support Group: KetoClarityAcademy.com
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Join The Keto Clarity Club For $1 Blood Ketone Test Strips! BestKetoneTest.com
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: The world’s freshest and most flavorful artisanal olive oils. Get your $39 bottle for just $1.
– JIMMY AND ADAM’S NEW SUPPLEMENT LINE: Try the KetoEssentials Multivitamin and Berberine Plus ketogenic-enhancing supplements
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Jump start your ketogenic diet with PerfectKeto.com/Jimmy (USE PROMO CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Drop an FBOMB for the freshest, high-quality fats from JimmyLovesFBomb.com (Get 10% off your first food order with coupon code “JIMMYLOVESFBOMB”)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get a full selection of ketogenic-friendly foods at OneStopKeto.com (FREE SHIPPING on orders over $99 and use coupon code KETOTALK for a special discount)
– Action on Sugar accuses food companies of avoiding clear food labelling
– ‘I have a way to beat this thing.’
– Meat snacks clock faster growth than potato chips: Mintel
– Wendy’s Japan replaces bun with meat in new sandwich, touts its low-carb nutritional merits
– STUDY: Ketogenic Diets And Cancer: Emerging Evidence
– Jimmy Moore from “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb”
– DR. Will Cole D.C. from DrWillCole.com
– HELP KEEP KETO TALK ON THE AIR: MAKE A DONATION HERE