If you are interested in the low-carb, moderate protein, high-fat, ketogenic diet, then this is the podcast for you. We zero in exclusively on all the questions people have about how being in a state of nutritional ketosis and the effects it has on your health. There are a lot of myths about keto floating around out there and our two amazing cohosts are shooting them down one at a time. Keto Talk is cohosted by 10-year veteran health podcaster and international bestselling author Jimmy Moore from “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” and Pittsburgh, PA functional medicine practitioner Dr. Will Cole from DrWillCole.com who thoroughly share from their wealth of experience on the ketogenic lifestyle each and every Thursday. We love hearing from our fabulous Ketonian listeners with new questions–send an email to Jimmy at firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you’re not already subscribed to the podcast on iTunes and listened to the past episodes, then you can do that and leave a review HERE. Listen in today as Jimmy and Will get to the heart of your low-carb, high-fat, ketogenic questions in Episode 84.
BECOME A NUTRITIONAL THERAPY PRACTITIONER
Sign up by February 2018 for the 9-month program
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
*****SPECIAL THANKS to Stephen, Jeffrey, Janet, Stephanie (Jimmy and Dr Cole, THANK YOU for your passion for sharing health and especially for being SCIENTIFICALLY centered! I am the founder of a military health and Fitness company called Fire Team Whiskey and two of our eating plans are Keto based, and I have Keto based bars and shakes we plan to produce in the next year. I am passionate about bringing the keto lifestyle to the United Stated Military and tackling our military’s fitness and health epidemic. I NEVER miss an episode and I love the addition of Dr Cole to the show. I am sure you have many negative hateful people coming at you every day, but know that I love you guys and your part of the inspiration behind Fire Team Whiskey and our efforts to offer a healthy way of eating for our US Service Members.) and Glyn******
You can set up automatic monthly payments there
USE COUPON CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF
KEY QUOTE: “Saying a ketogenic diet is bad for hormones is oversimplifying things. You have to put it in the context of how the patient feels, and realizing that the body is becoming more efficient.” — Dr. Will Cole
Here’s what Jimmy and Will talked about in Episode 84:
- Impact of ketosis on hormones
- Fat bombs to increase fat intake
- Higher fasting blood glucose in AM on keto
– Does a high-fat diet lead to an increase in inflammation levels that I should be concerned about?
I feel like I’ve had an increase in inflammation ever since I started on the keto diet in June 2017. I look more fat every day and I read that a high-fat diet increases endotoxins and increases gut permeability as well which leads to histamine production. But it’s the rise in one type of bacteria that produces an inflammation response that has me most concerned about a ketogenic diet. Should I be? Why or why not? Thanks in advance for your help with my question.
1. Why am I experiencing prolonged diarrhea since adopting a ketogenic diet? Is there a way to remedy this?
Hey Jimmy and Dr. Cole,
Is there a keto-friendly remedy for diarrhea? I don’t know if it’s stress-related or bacterial, but I’ve had it for about a month which forced me to become carbolitic again! I’m eating rice, bread, oatmeal and as you can probably guess I’m hungry most of the time now. I throw in some fatty protein, too, but practically nothing green. Roughage seems to irritate my sensitive intestinal tract. But this diarrhea lasted for five weeks while eating keto and I was hoping it would just work itself out. As far as I know I’m not sick with a stomach bug or anything, but my tummy feels uncomfortable as the non-carby food is being digested. I’ve been popping probiotics like candy every single day, so I don’t know what could be going on. Please help.
KEY QUOTE “We never push a particular macronutrient ratio. Eat fat to satiety.” – Jimmy Moore
2. Why am I having constant hunger while eating a ketogenic diet with adequate calories and dietary fat?
Hey guys, love your podcast! I’m an ER doc and 90% of what I see in the ER is 100 percent preventable through nutrition and other lifestyle modifications. My whole ER department is on the fasting bandwagon and many are LCHF! I’ve been eating this way for five years and incorporate regular periods of intermittent fasting of 16-20 daily. I even ran in the Boston marathon with just water. So surely I’m fat-adapted. I recently switched over to keto for cancer and dementia prevention but now I have a problem—I’m CONSTANTLY hungry. I consume well over my usual 2500 calories which includes 200g healthy fats. I’m doing yoga and keep my net carbs under 20g daily. I’m 36 years old and have a normal BMI. But this hunger is excruciating and nothing seems to satisfy it. Will this eventually normalize? What’s odd is when I simply ate low-carb, high-fat that wasn’t ketogenic, I never felt this kind of hunger. Weird. Any thoughts?
3. How does an older person who requires more protein in their diet to prevent muscle loss eat a ketogenic diet that moderates protein?
Hi Jimmy and Dr. Cole,
I’m a sedentary 70-year old man and I’ve read that older people need to be eating more protein (along with strength training) in order to counter any age-related muscle loss. But since going keto requires a more moderate protein intake, how can these be done?
Thanks for all your good work.
KETO TALK MAILBOX
– Can you explain the process of how fat cells work and what exactly a ketogenic diet does to improve sick ones?
Hi Jimmy and Dr. Will Cole,
I love Keto Talk and am grateful for all that you do! I was wondering if you guys could explain how fat cells work. For example, when someone gains weight are they getting new fat cells or are the existing ones just getting bigger? Also, I’ve heard you talk about sick fat cells that get better when people adopt a ketogenic diet, but can you go into more detail about how exactly that works? And finally, if someone’s fat cells are all healthy, will they then be at their optimal weight or will other factors still be at play?
Thanks again for all of your awesome work,
GET A $39 BOTTLE OF OLIVE OIL FOR JUST A BUCK
GET YOUR $39 BOTTLE FOR JUST $1
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 84
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get The Ketogenic Bible by Jacob Wilson and Ryan Lowery
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Join Jimmy Moore’s Keto Support Group: KetoClarityAcademy.com
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Join The Keto Clarity Club For $1 Blood Ketone Test Strips! BestKetoneTest.com
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: The world’s freshest and most flavorful artisanal olive oils. Get your $39 bottle for just $1.
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Become A Nutritional Therapy Practitioner
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Jump start your ketogenic diet with PerfectKeto.com/Jimmy (USE PROMO CODE LLVLC FOR 15% OFF)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Drop an FBOMB for the freshest, high-quality fats from JimmyLovesFBomb.com (Get 10% off your first food order with coupon code “JIMMYLOVESFBOMB”)
– SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: Get a full selection of ketogenic-friendly foods at OneStopKeto.com (FREE SHIPPING on orders over $99 and use coupon code KETOTALK for a special discount)
– Type 2 diabetes warning: Too much red meat and poultry can increase risk
– Have High Cholesterol? These Drugs Can Help You Live Longer
– Costco Coconut Oil Class Action Lawsuit Settlement
– Big meat presses prices, consumer demand stays up
STUDY: Low-fat diet could kill you, major study shows
– Jimmy Moore from “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb”
– DR. Will Cole D.C. from DrWillCole.com
– HELP KEEP KETO TALK ON THE AIR: MAKE A DONATION HERE